Gingerbread Festival Planning In Full Swing!
Committee members from Ormskirk Community Partnership are busily making the final preparations for this year’s Gingerbread Festival on Sunday the 14th July.
Ormskirk Community Partnership founded the Gingerbread Festival in 2016, when it was held on a Saturday alongside the traditional market. Organised with assistance from the council, 2018 saw the increasingly successful festival move to a Sunday, where the whole town centre was dedicated to the Gingerbread Festival and a celebration of Ormskirk’s heritage.
Last year’s festival was an immense success, there were many happy faces, and retailers reported a record day. Circus skills enthusiasts from Edge Hill University worked tirelessly to demonstrate and teach the basics to local children, while the legendary Mr Stix squeezed in almost back-to-back performances for the whole day ensuring there was little opportunity for the kids to get bored.
OCP are hoping that 2019 will once again be a record-setter. The event will follow a similar format, with many local traders grasping the opportunity for a market stall on the day, and some retailers serving fresh Ormskirk gingerbread.
Edge Hill University will once again be providing entertainment throughout the day, and we’ve been warned to keep an eye out for the surprise ‘flash mob’ that will be springing up, as well as performances especially prepared for the day.
There will also be a free prize draw, open to all residents.
Funding such events is always a challenge, but support and assistance from Edward McCarthy Support Services means the Committee has been able to secure essential funding from The Duchy of Lancaster Benevolent Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund. OCP are also grateful for other donations from The Dulverton Trust and The Elsie Talbot Bridge Will Trust, and 2019 festival sponsors Bradley Hall and Merseyrail, as without these funds and Edward’s unique skill set, the challenges of such a festival could prove to be insurmountable.
More information about OCP and specifics for the day can be found at
www.ormskirkgingerbread.com or emailing
Terms and conditions:
- Entry is free by way of submitting a completed entry form (contained within the event flyers) to the Ormskirk Community Partnership stall during the event only.
- One entry per person only.
- Any entries submitted by anyone under 18yrs of age may not receive prizes deemed unsuitable as judged by the organisers and under UK law but will receive a substitute prize of an equivalent value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged.
- The Free Raffle is open to all visitors to the event, except members of the Ormskirk Community Partnership committee or those who are directly involved with the raffle, their agencies and other agencies directly involved in the running of the Gingerbread Festival.
- The raffle is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Festival raffle is final.
- All prizes are received by the OCP and provided by local businesses in good faith.